Friday, October 15, 2010

Grub Street Food Festival This Saturday!

Another great event is going down tomorrow (Saturday) and trust me, you don't wanna miss it!

NY Mag's Grub Street is partnering up with the Hester Street Fair to put together a giant food fest with some delicious vendors. Grub Street has put together a list of their favorite food vendors to come together for this street festival, so you know it's gonna be amazing. And guess who's gonna be there? Our favorite: Luke's Lobster!!

Booths I'm dying to try (after I get my lobster roll):

- Georgia's Eastside BBQ - I just don't eat enough pulled pork anymore
- Pies 'n Thighs - mm fried chicken...AND pie? Dunno if I'll be able to handle both...
- Cascabel / La Sonrisa - I just can't decide! I can never say no to tacos OR empanadas. ayyyy
- Hot Blondies - gotta have dessert :) How good do THESE look???

Of course I'm not sure I can handle all that food in one afternoon (it's not completely impossible), butttt I'm hoping to bring along some backup to help me sample as many flavors as possible (now taking volunteers!). And if I see something that looks too appealing to pass up, I'll have to divert my focus. Gotta give everyone a fair chance at getting some Mmms and Ooos. Ah I can't wait!!! I will definitely be hitting the gym today in preparation for tomorrow's events...gotta keep up my strength ya know? 

For a full list of vendors Click Here (nymag) or Here (hester st). Let me know if you see one that I just HAVE to try. Also check out Grub Street's recommendations of what to taste at each vendor Here. I am seriously salivating now. Beware hungry readers...

Here are the Deets:
Saturday October 16th (one day only!!)
10am-6pm
@ the intersection of Hector and Essex, Lower East Side

Hope to see you there!!!


- The Wandering New Yorker



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!